Bean Rock Coffee Pte. Ltd. is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This page informs you of our policies regarding the processing of your Personal Data.
1. As used in this Policy:
(a) We/us/ our (either capitalized or not) – Bean Rock Coffee Pte. Ltd.;
(b) Personal Data – data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or is likely to have access;
(c) Customer — an individual who (i) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any products and/or services we provide; or (ii) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any products and/or services by us.
2. Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in PDPA (where the context so permits).
What Personal Data We Collect About You
3. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of Personal Data which we may collect from you include:
(a) your name;
(b) mailing address(es);
(c) telephone number(s);
(d) email address(es);
(g) date of birth;
(h) marital status;
(i) current occupation;
(j) marketing preferences;
(k) financial information (e.g. credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information);
(l) answers you provide to security questions (e.g., mother’s maiden name, primary school name);
(m) aggregated site statistics data; and
(n) any other information you choose to provide to us, or that we may collect about you through your interactions with our website.
4. We will indicate if the collection and provision of certain Personal Data is mandatory. You may not be able to access certain features of our website or place orders if you do not provide us with the required information.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
5. We collect your Personal Data from you when you:
(a) register a user account with our website;
(b) request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists;
(c) fill in any forms on our website;
(d) submit a CV, job application, or any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and
(e) make purchases of products and/or services through our website.
6. We may collect and use your Personal Data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the products and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information when you use our services;
(e) managing your relationship with us;
(f) processing payment or credit transactions;
(g) sending you marketing information about our products and/or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, rewards schemes and other promotions;
(h) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(i) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(j) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(k) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
7. We do not sell or trade your Personal Data to external parties. However, we may disclose, including transfer out of Singapore, your Personal Data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the products and/or services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 6 above for us.
8. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
9. By providing us with Personal Data, you agree that such Personal Data may be transferred, stored and/or processed in a country or territory outside Singapore and you consent to any such transfer, storage and/or processing of your Personal Data outside Singapore. We will however take steps to ensure that your Personal Data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
Withdrawing Your Consent
10. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your Personal Data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact information provided below.
11. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within 14 business days of receiving it.
12. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our products and/or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us via email at the contact information provided below.
13. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Personal Data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws and regulation.
Access to and Correction of Your Personal Data
14. If you wish to make an access request for access to a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your Personal Data, you may submit your request via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact information provided below.
15. If you wish to make a correction or update any of your Personal Data that you have submitted to us, you may sign into your user account and select ‘Update Profile’ or equivalent, or submit your request via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact information provided below.
16. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
17. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you via email within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any Personal Data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of Your Personal Data
18. To safeguard your Personal Data, all electronic storage and transmission of Personal Data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
19. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure, and by providing your Personal Data to us in this manner, you understand that you transmit this information at some risk. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
20. This site may contain links to or from third party sites and services whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content, information collection, security and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Retention of Your Personal Data
21. We may retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
22. We will cease to retain your Personal Data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Information About Cookies
24. A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
25. You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. If you want to learn more about cookies, or how to control, disable or delete them, please visit AboutCookies.org for detailed guidance.
Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
27. This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data by us.
28. Bean Rock Coffee’s company is in Singapore. This site as well as these rules are subject to the laws of Singapore, regardless of the location of the user, and any claims of any kind related thereto shall be heard by the Singapore Courts.
29. Bean Rock Coffee reserves the right to revise and update these rules at any time, effective on the date of posting to the site of the new and amended rules.