Bean Rock Coffee Specialty Coffee Bag is an improved and healthier version of the traditional Kopi-O Coffee Bag. Instead of dark roast Robusta, we use Arabica beans of specialty grade, so you’ll get to taste a flavourful and naturally sweet coffee. Absolutely no additives added or needed! At the same time, the attached string makes the whole brewing process super clean and convenient. This is also the most important feature, because you’ll need the string to bounce!
Get bouncy with coffee bag
Toys you need
- Use a sturdy mug that can hold at least 250ml of liquid, to prevent spilling when you bounce and steep the coffee bag.
- Brew with hot water just off the boil for the maximum extraction.
- Adjust the bouncing amount and steeping duration according to taste preference.
- Unlike tea, brewing coffee requires a lot more agitation of the ground particles through bouncing. Steeping the coffee bag without bouncing will result in a weak and hollow brew.
How to play
Step 1: Pour
Pour 180ml of hot water just off the boil. Let water saturate the coffee grounds in the coffee bag for 1 minute.
Step 2: Bounce & Steep
At 1:00, bounce the coffee bag up and down for approximately 80 times.
- For a tea-like mouthfeel, bounce about 60x and remove the coffee bag at 5-minute mark.
- For a thicker body (more ‘gao’), bounce as much as you like for 5 minutes and steep the coffee for a longer duration. But cap the total brew time at 10 minutes to minimise astringency.
Step 3: Remove & Serve
At 5:00, remove coffee bag from the mug. Serve as is.