Terms & Conditions
Bean Rock Coffee Pte. Ltd. is committed to make your shopping experience fuss-free and enjoyable as much as possible. This page informs you of the terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) that apply to beanrockcoffee.com (the “Site”) and form the terms and conditions on which we supply products and/or services to you. We ask you to review these T&Cs prior to using the Site.
By using or accessing the Site, you agree to be bound by the T&Cs of the Site. If you do not agree to all the T&Cs of the Site, then you may not use or access the Site.
Information About Us
1. beanrockcoffee.com is a Site operated by BEAN ROCK COFFEE PTE. LTD. (“we”, “us”, “Bean Rock Coffee”). We are registered in Singapore under the Business Registration Number 202106072C, with our registered office at 10 Anson Road, #10-11, International Plaza, Singapore 079903.
Accessing and Using the Site
2. A customer who wishes to purchase Bean Rock Coffee’s products and/or services online shall place an order through the Site (“Order”). By placing an Order through the site, you warrant that:
(a) you are over 18 years of age and have the legal capacity to form a binding contract,
(b) you are an end user (not a reseller);
(c) all information provided to Bean Rock Coffee in connection with the Order is true, accurate and complete; and
(d) you are authorised to use the payment method you will opt for the Order.
3. You shall be solely responsible for your access to and/or use of the Site and its materials herein.
4. Where you create a user account and password, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We reserve the right to disable any user account at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these T&Cs.
Orders and Payments
5. You may place an order with us by completing and submitting the order form on the Site. You shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all orders. All orders will be deemed to be irrevocable and unconditional upon transmission through the Site, and we shall be entitled, but not obliged, to process such order(s) without your further consent and any further reference or notice to you.
6. We reserve the right to accept or decline any and all orders received from or through the Site in our sole and absolute discretion. Our acceptance of your order will take place when a confirmation email is sent to your registered email address with us, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. Each fully-paid order accepted by us shall constitute a separate and individual contract governed by these T&Cs (an “Order”). We will assign an order number to your Order when we accept your Order. Please tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your Order.
7. If a product ordered is not available, Bean Rock Coffee reserves the right to refund the order, in which you will be notified accordingly via the email address provided during checkout. If you have placed an order for several products, of which one or more is unavailable, we will notify you accordingly. The rest of your order might be delivered within the timeframe indicated on the Site.
8. Product prices are displayed in the Site in Singapore Dollars (SGD). The price payable by you for the product and/or service shall be the price of the product and/or service listed for sale as stated on the Site at the time your order is transmitted to us through the Site. All prices do not include taxes as Bean Rock Coffee is not a GST-registered company. We reserve the right to amend the price of any product and/or service at any time without giving any reason or prior notice.
9. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the products on the Site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of any product you have ordered, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we deliver your order.
10. All credit/debit card transactions made on the Site are secured using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and payments are processed by Stripe.
11. By proceeding to a payment, you undertake to use your own card or account and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of your Order. We reserve the right to reject an Order in the event of an ongoing payment dispute or if a customer has ordered an unusually high number of products.
12. You should be aware that online payment transactions are subject to validation checks by your card issuer and we are not responsible if your card issuer declines to authorise payment for any reason. Please note that it is possible that your card issuer may charge you an online handling fee or processing fee to perform the payment of products purchased online. We are not responsible for this.
13. If you are a customer whose credit or debit card is not denominated in Singapore Dollars (SGD), the final price may vary, depending on the exchange rate applied by your card issuer or issuing bank. For the avoidance of doubt, Bean Rock Coffee shall under no circumstances be responsible for any foreign transaction fees charged by your issuing bank if you are using an international credit/debit card.
14. We may terminate the Order at any time by writing to you if:
(a) you do not make payment to us when it is due;
(b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information necessary for us to provide you with the product and/or service (e.g., delivery address);
(c) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the product to you;
15. If we terminate the Order in the situations set out in Clause 14, we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products and/or services we have not provided, but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
16. In the absence of proof to the contrary, our electronic databases and those of our service providers that are kept under adequate security conditions will constitute proof of all transactions entered into between Bean Rock Coffee and you. In accordance with applicable regulations, we store orders in a reliable medium. You may access the orders you place on beanrockcoffee.com by logging in to “My Account”. In all cases, Bean Rock Coffee advises customers to retain their Order Confirmation e-mails.
17. The pictures of the products on the Site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Products purchased may vary slightly from the pictures.
18. Bean Rock Coffee has made every effort to ensure that:
(a) all information published on the Site in relation to the products are accurate;
(b) the Site is updated regularly; and
(c) errors are corrected within a reasonable time of discovery.
19. We reserve the right to make changes to the Site at any time including the product prices, specifications, descriptions, offers and availability.
20. We offer shipping in Singapore and to Malaysia.
21. The cost of delivery of your Order will be displayed to you on our Site. The delivery options are specified during the process of your Order and explained as well in the FAQ page of the Site.
22. For delivery to Malaysia, please note that the products ordered by you (constituting to MYR 500 and above per consignment) may be subject to taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country (“Import Fees”). You as the recipient of the item is the importer of record in the destination country and may be subject to be levied with any Import Fees and payment of such Import Fees shall be for your account.
23. Orders are processed and dispatched to our local delivery partner within an estimated 2 working days. Our local delivery partner shall deliver the product to the address specified in your Order. Any delivery dates stated during the order process are estimates only.
24. Bean Rock Coffee may contact you if an estimated delivery date cannot be met by the carrier. However, Bean Rock Coffee shall in no circumstances be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery.
25. If you opt for “Express Courier Delivery” or “Courier Delivery”, you will be required to sign on delivery and if no-one is available to take delivery of your products, the appointed carrier may send you a notification and/or leave a card giving you instructions on either re-delivery or collection from the carrier.
26. If you opt for “SingPost Basic Delivery”, your products will be delivered to your letterbox. In the event that your letterbox is full or the products cannot fit into your letterbox for any reason, SingPost may issue a note to you to collect from a post office. Bean Rock Coffee shall not be liable for all untracked delivery services.
27. Whilst we aim to deliver your products within our standard delivery times, you acknowledge that delivery of the products is subject to availability of our products. We will make every reasonable effort to deliver the product to you within the delivery time frame stated on your invoice, but you acknowledge that while we do our best to update our stock availability on a regular basis, it is possible that a product may become unavailable between updates.
28. All delivery timeframes given are estimates only and delays can occur. If the delivery of your product is delayed and/or an item ordered is not available, we reserve the right to cancel/amend/refund the Order, in which case, you will be notified accordingly.
29. In the event of a bounced parcel, we will attempt to contact you via the email address provided during checkout. However please note that, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, we may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs, or terminate your Order if you repeatedly fail to take delivery of the product.
30. Bounced parcels that are unclaimed after (2) two months will be deemed as Bean Rock Coffee’s property and no compensation will be offered as sufficient response time has been given.
32. You agree and undertake not to:
(a) use the Site for illegal purposes or other than in conformance with the acceptable use policies of any connected computer networks, any applicable Internet standards and any other applicable laws;
(b) impersonate any person or entity or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
(c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to or otherwise interfere or disrupt other computer systems or networks connected to the Site, interfere with another’s utilization and enjoyment of the Site, or use or upload, in any way, any software or material that contains, or which you have reason to suspect that contains, viruses, damaging components, malicious code or harmful components which may impair or corrupt the Site’s data or damage or interfere with the operation of another customer’s computer or mobile device or the Site; and
(d) post, promote or transmit through the Site any information, graphics, photographs, data and/or any other material that contains any computer virus or other invasive or damaging code, program or macro; infringes any third-party intellectual property or any other proprietary rights; is defamatory, libellous or threatening; is obscene, pornographic, indecent, counterfeited, fraudulent, stolen, harmful or otherwise illegal under any applicable law; and/or is or may be construed as offensive and/or otherwise objectionable, in our sole opinion.
Termination of Use and/or Access
33. We will determine in our sole discretion whether there has been a breach of these T&Cs through your use and/or access of the Site. When a breach of these T&Cs has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including:
(a) immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use and/or access the Site;
(b) issuing a warning to you;
(c) commencing legal proceedings against you for loss resulting from your breach; and
(d) disclosure to law enforcement authorities of such information as we reasonably deem necessary.
34. We exclude liability for any actions taken in response to breaches of these T&Cs. The responses described above are not exhaustive, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Links to Third Party Sites
35. We may provide links on our site to third party websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that the products and/or services you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link will be of satisfactory quality.
36. By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that Bean Rock Coffee is not responsible for the content, privacy policies, or practices of such third party websites or the companies that own them.
Intellectual Property Rights
37. Bean Rock Coffee is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in and to the content on the Site, and in the material published on it. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit, adapt, download, distribute or howsoever deal with any content or material from the Site in any form or by any means without Bean Rock Coffee’s prior written permission, and you are solely responsible for obtaining such permission before dealing with any content or material that is available on the Site.
Warranties and Liability
38. The Site, its services and all information provided herein are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, other than those imposed by law, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
39. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we expressly disclaim any warranty, condition, guarantee, term or representation:
(a) as to the reliability, accuracy, completeness, and validity of any content or material on the Site;
(b) that the functions contained on the Site will be secure, uninterrupted or error-free; and
(c) that any defects will be corrected.
40. Any and all such warranties, conditions, terms and representations are specifically excluded. We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in the materials on the Site, including factual or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. You expressly agree that your use and/or access of the Site is at your sole risk.
41. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we expressly disclaim any and all liability arising from:
(a) life or wear of any product or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose or use under any specific conditions, notwithstanding that such purpose or conditions may be known or made known to Bean Rock Coffee;
(b) improper remedy of defective products, alteration of the products, unsuitable or improper use, willful damage, negligence, or other misuse of the products, as well as fair wear and tear, by you or any third party;
(c) third party claims, whether directly or indirectly caused by, or relating to, the content of our Site and the products purchased on or through our Site; and
(d) any warranties provided under these T&Cs if the total price for the product has not been paid in cleared funds by the due date for payment.
42. You further acknowledge and agree that your access and use of the Site is dependent on third party service providers such as internet, network, connectivity or other link providers. Your payment for any product purchased from the Site is processed by third party payment system providers.
43. Bean Rock Coffee cannot guarantee the security of such third-party payment system(s) or any payment data on the Site, Bean Rock Coffee is not responsible for any acts or omissions of any third parties and disclaims any and all liability in connection with the acts, omissions or defaults of such third parties.
44. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Bean Rock Coffee is not responsible for the results of any credit inquiry, the availability or performance of the Internet, your connection to the Internet or the actions or inaction of any other person or entity, including any internet service provider. By using the Site, you expressly relieve Bean Rock Coffee from any and all liability in connection with the acts, omissions or defaults of such third parties.
45. To the extent permissible at law: We shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any Order;
46. Our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to the total sums paid by you for products under such Order.
47. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
48. A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
(a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
(b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
(c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
(d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
(e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; or
(f) acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
49. Where the Force Majeure Event affects Bean Rock Coffee’s delivery of products to the customer, we will arrange a new delivery date with the customer after the Force Majeure Event is over.
50. We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
51. We may change any content or material on the Site at any time.
52. We shall not be liable if for any reason the Site, or any portion thereof, is unavailable at any time or for any period.
53. We reserve the right to refuse any and all current or future access to and/or use of the Site without prior notice to you.
54. Contracts for the purchase of products and/or services through the site shall be governed by the law of the Republic of Singapore and the courts of the Republic of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Updated: 12 April 2021