Flick the switch for fantastic drip coffee
Brew with immersion dripper SWITCH
Immersion dripper coffee tips
- Adjust serving as desired, at coffee to water ratio of 1:16.
- Use medium grind size. We recommend the following grind sizes:
- 4 to 5 notches for Hario Skerton +
- 11 to 12 for Baratza Encore
- For filter roast, brew with hot water just off the boil. For espresso roast, allow hot water to cool for 3 to 5 mins before brewing.
- This recipe is also applicable to the Clever Dripper. Try it!
How to play
Bring water to boil. While the water is heating, insert paper filter into the SWITCH. Then, grind 15g of coffee.
Set SWITCH on top of the Range Server. Press the switch to release the valve. Rinse paper filter adequately with hot water. Empty the Range Server.
Place SWITCH and Range Server on the scale and tare. Flick the switch up to close the valve.
Add 15g of coffee grounds into SWITCH. Wiggle to level the coffee grounds. Then, tare the scale.
Start timer. Add 30g to 45g of hot water into SWITCH for coffee to bloom. Swirl the SWITCH gently for an even distribution of water.
Place the SWITCH back onto the Range Server once the grounds are evenly wet.
At 0:45, pour hot water into SWITCH until the scale reads 250g. Let steep until 2-minute mark.
Enjoy the aroma while your coffee is brewing.
At 2:00, gently stir (2x anti-clockwise and 2x clockwise) with a teaspoon to knock off the grounds.
At 2:15, press the switch to release the valve. Let your coffee flow.
At 4:00, flick the switch up to close the valve. Then remove SWITCH from Range Server. Serve.