The discovery of a luxurious V60 iced coffee
Note: Enjoy your Japanese-style iced coffee on its own. Sugar, extract, flavouring, cream, milk and any other additives are not necessary!
Brew your V60 iced coffee (Japanese-style)
V60 iced coffee tips
- Adjust serving as desired, at coffee to water (includes ice) ratio of 1:15.
- Keep hot water at 60% and ice at 40% of total brew volume.
- Use medium grind size. We recommend the following grind sizes:
- 4.5 to 5 notches for Hario Skerton +
- 12 to 13 for Baratza Encore
- Brew with hot water just off the boil.
- To enjoy an icier brew, add 2 to 3 ice cubes in your cup to serve.
This iced coffee recipe focuses on giving a sweet cup of Japanese-style iced coffee. To learn how to adjust sweetness, acidity and strength of your brew, check out our V60 (Advanced 4:6 Method) recipe!
How to play
Bring water to boil using the Drip Kettle or boil enough water to fill the Drip Kettle. While the water is heating, insert paper filter into V60. Then, grind 20g of coffee.
Set V60 on top of the Range Server. Rinse paper filter adequately with hot water. Empty the Range Server.
Add 120g of ice into the range server. Tare the scale.
Add 20g of coffee grounds into V60. Wiggle to level the coffee grounds. Then, tare the scale.
Start timer. Pour 50g of hot water in a continuous circular motion, moving from the centre point into a wider circle and then back to the centre point. Complete this pour in 10 seconds, then pause.
Pour another 2 times at intervals of 45 seconds. To highlight the sweetness of your iced coffee, refer to the following brewing phases for the amount of each pour:
Brewing Phases (Iced Coffee)
|Time||Coffee Scale Reading||Water Amount to Add|
|02:15||180g||Remove V60 Dripper|
*Note: We recommend completing each pour in 10 seconds.
At 2:15, remove V60 from Range Server. Serve immediately.